Student and Horse Assessments
If you are feeling challenged in your horsemanship, searching for answers, and feeling frustrated and stuck, Caroline has the experience and skill sets needed to help you and your horse develop deeper understanding, communication, and partnership.
One of Caroline’s specialties is identifying both the nature of, and learned behaviors in, people and horses. She has worked with over 1,000 horses and almost as many people during her career. While each horse and person is an individual, each shares similar characteristics, traits, temperaments, behaviors and patterns belonging to their species. Caroline not only identifies the nature, she brings awareness to the learned behavior, or coping mechanism, so that each person not only learns about themselves and their horse, they learn how to work together.
Student Assessments give Caroline the opportunity to see where you are in your understanding of horsemanship, as well as your skill level and knowledge of the Tao of Horsemanship™ Method. Your intuitive qualities, nature, and learning style will be evaluated so that a customized lesson plan can be created that will help you to achieve your goals.
There are two categories of Student Assessments:
1. New Students to the Tao of Horsemanship™ Method: Prior to beginning any type of lessons, Caroline first needs to get to know you. What is your background? Are you new to the horse world, or have you been working with horses your whole life? What are your goals and expectations with regards to the relationship you desire with horses? While she invites you to submit a written history of your journey with and without horses, Assessments are all about hands-on experience and observation from Caroline. By the end of your two-hour Student Assessment, not only will Caroline be prepared to begin the journey of helping you achieve your goals, you will also have a better understanding of the Tao of Horsemanship™ Method and how it can help you succeed.
2. Students with Horses in Training: Sending a horse to Caroline for training is of greatest value when the owner is on board with embracing the Tao of Horsemanship™ Method. Student Assessments are required for all owners of horses in training unless you have previously worked with Caroline. Prior to horses leaving the Center, Caroline recommends all owners come and work with their horses under her guidance. Whether it’s through a Student Assessment or Total Immersion Training, the opportunity to spend time connecting at the Center will be an invaluable experience for both you and your horse.
Student Assessment Cost: $250*
Horse Assessments give Caroline the opportunity to see how prepared and open your horse is to her Tao of Horsemanship™ Method. Some horses show up without baggage and are open to beginning the work. Others come with issues such as PTSD, poor training, lack of trust, or even begin completely shut down, just to name a few of the more challenging scenarios that Caroline has seen in her many years of working with horses. In addition to assessing your horse, Caroline will include you in the three-hour session to get a better understanding of the relationship that currently exists.
There are three categories of Horse Assessments:
1. Horses Entering Total Immersion Training: Horse Assessments take place with all horses prior to beginning their Total Immersion Training at the Center. After the three-hour session, Caroline will offer her feedback regarding the level of training and depth of assistance your horse will need in order to achieve the goals that you have in the relationship with your horse. Whether it’s a recommendation of a 90-Day Re-Starting Your Horse program, or a more in-depth program for a traumatized horse, you will walk away with a better understanding of what it will take in order to achieve success.
2. Horses Whose Owners Want to Begin Lessons: Horse Assessments take place with all horses prior to beginning any type of lesson program with Caroline, whether they will be held at the Center or at your facility. After the three-hour session, Caroline will offer her feedback regarding the direction she feels will be best for you and your horse in order to achieve success in building your relationship using the Tao of Horsemanship™ Method. If Caroline feels as though your horse is not ready for the work, she may recommend that you begin lessons using one of her School Masters.
3. Horses Whose Owners Want Caroline’s Feedback: Some students choose to hire Caroline to complete a Horse Assessment in order to better understand the mental or emotional state of their horse, especially when there is a traumatic incident that has occurred which changed the relationship. Or, perhaps the horse is new to the owner and there seems to be something unusual about the horse that calls for professional guidance.
Horse Assessment Cost: $375*
Horse Assessments include the following:
Assessment of horse’s nature, temperament, work ethic, physical stature and natural agility, responsiveness, or lack of, to requests
Time spent discussing/talking about where you are, where you want to be, and how you’re going about it, as well as what changes need to be made to help you get where you want to be in your horsemanship
Time spent working with your horse(s) with Q&A
Time spent working with you and your horse together
Plan of action, or customized program, is created as continued maintenance for both you and your horse
CLICK HERE to download contract
* Assessment Costs do not include travel expenses for off-site appointments.
Please contact infoRH@riderhorsemanship.com for scheduling and appointments.